PNP DRIVER WATCHDOG

Anonymous
2018-05-01T21:35:45+00:00

I have been trying to install the April2018 Update but I get a blue screen with the Stop Code PNP DRIVER WATCHDOG. Is there a workaround?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-05-02T18:55:08+00:00

The setupmem.dmp references the volsnap.sys (Volume Shadow Copy driver) but not a third party driver :

BugCheck 1D5, {6900630070, ffff9f06c6092ab0, ffffd209730df040, 2bf32}

Implicit thread is now ffffd209`730df040

Probably caused by : volsnap.sys ( volsnap!VspSynchronousIo+14b )

The error may indicate an issue with a file system driver possibly third party.

Can you check if the following folders exist (to see the folders you may have to "show hidden files and folders"):

C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther

C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Rollback

If those folders exist can you zip them up and provide via OneDrive.

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-05-08T21:31:02+00:00

I would go with the WHQL.zip as the motherboard appears to have a "JMicron® JMB363 PATA and SATA controller".

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-11T21:50:29+00:00
    1. Go to the store and asking to replace the SSD that was broken by MS Windows 10 April 2018 update.

    Hi Nikita_Sp,

    Which SSD would you have as Intel SSD 600p Series or Intel SSD Pro 6000p are presently being blocked from updating to version 1803 or have severe compatibility issues - see "Known issues in this update" in the following article :

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4103721

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-11T21:33:17+00:00

    When running the vssadmin Delete Shadows /all command:

    But if vssadmin List ShadowStorage:

    Am I making a mistake?

    Try the following:

    Open an Administrator Command Prompt and type the following and press "Enter" :

    wmic

    Then at the wmic:root\cli> type the following and press "Enter" :

    shadowcopy

    This should list the existing shadow copies.

    Then at the wmic:root\cli> type the following and press "Enter"

    shadowcopy delete

    You should then be given the option (Y or N), one at a time, to delete each shadow copy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-11T12:25:59+00:00

    I have kind of similar error.

    Microsoft saying: "Our updates are so great and while we're updating your PC you won't even notice that! They don't use a lot of resources.". Well well well...

    Yesterday, I get to my office and start working on PC it was slow and got freezing. (Sorry for my english. I'm not a native speaker). So I get to System -> Updates and I saw that my PC is installing the updates!

    Wow! Ok, so seems I should work on slower PC while it's installing.

    To prevent questions about my PC config, it's not very slow:

    MB: Asus Prime 8250-Plus

    CP: Intel Core i5-7400 3GHz

    RAM: Team 4Gb DDR4 2400

    While working on this computer suddenly it's freezing and show me a window with title: Windows does not respond: close or wait for a respond. (Or something like this, I'm just translate my locale).

    As I know that there is an update installing I choose "wait for a respond" of course. But it was still freeze and I wait for around 15-20 mins before press reset button on the body.

    After the PC stops loading and opens UEFI each time I restart it.

    I was trying to repair windows, but it didn't work. Trying to reinstall windows through UEFI - getting this error: Driver PNP watchdog.

    Microsoft phone call center (support) could not help.

    So, for now I had two options:

    1. Check for some solutions in the Internet using my own time for work.
    2. Go to the store and asking to replace the SSD that was broken by MS Windows 10 April 2018 update. Where they can say that it's not a warranty issue, just buy new one, or send it to the capital for a month while they will check it.

    THANKS MICROSOFT THAT YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CLIENTS. Thank you for your REALLY IMPORTANT updates and options to select when to install that updates, etc.

    Thank you a lot!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments