I received a reply from Epson which stated that you have to go into the properties settings under the compatibility tab and check the box to "run this program as an administrator". I did this and I havent had any more problems with it.
Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018
i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan. This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan. I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-07-10T16:13:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-07-10T19:22:25+00:00 I tried what Epson suggested to fix the problem. I right-clicked on Scan software app listed in Windows 10 and selected (under "More") "Run as Administrator. I was able to make several consecutive scans on my old Epson V700 scanner. It seems to be working fine.
-
Anonymous
2018-07-11T00:42:26+00:00 Followup. Using the suggestion "run as administrator" worked on the older scanner but messed up the near new Epson XP-830 scanner. The problem is that Epson uses different EXE depending on the version of device all of which is controlled under a single dashboard like app.
-
Anonymous
2018-07-23T14:01:42+00:00 I had a similar problem (software freezing/crashing) with my Epson79E717 (ET-4550 Series) Printer and the Windows 10 1803 update.
After much scratching of my head and pulling out of hair, I discovered that running "Epson Scan" as "Adminstrator" fixed the issue. I doubt this'll work for everyone but it worked for me. I have a newer Epson Printer and that may have given me an advantage...
Froobs
-
Anonymous
2018-07-24T01:46:35+00:00 Yeap, running "Epson Scan" as "Adminstrator" didn't really work all the time for me. Will continue to observe for a week or two.