Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-21T21:35:42+00:00

    Do u by chance know what update effected the epson software? If I know I can remove it myself

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-22T06:17:54+00:00

    Hi everyone, 

    I have this problem too. I have tried everything I could to fix it, even swapped a new printer  and it's still freezing. I called Espon company and was told that this issue is to do with the window 10 recent upgrade. What we can do now is either to call Microsoft to undo the windows upgrade or wait until the Espon team to get it fixed in a week roughly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-23T21:46:43+00:00

    Unfortunately I do not since I don’t use my scanner that often.  I have been resorting to recycling the scan software and turning the machine on/off.  All suggestions so far have not worked.  Not being a power user, I can only speculate as too what is causing the problem. I have my suspicions that it is a buffering overload which is reset by reconnecting the scanner to the computer (switching power switch on/off) and restarting the scan software.  If I knew where the buffer problem resides I perhaps could increase the buffer size.  The problems keeps changing symptoms.  Sometimes all I need to do is unconnect the USB 2.0 and reconnect and I resume scanning a couple of cycles.  But now that too quite working.  I am back to my old V700 scanner power in on and off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-27T11:48:23+00:00

    I also have this problem.  It seems to scan the documents, but then when it gets to the "save file/add a page/edit" option at the end, it freezes.  A small dialogue box with no text opens and either repeatedly closes and opens or constantly refreshes (I can't tell which) and that's it.  No further progress happens.

    Reading earlier in this thread, I tried running as admin, and setting compatibility for XP SP 3.  Doing BOTH seems to work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-28T22:34:22+00:00

    I have had this exact same problem for a couple of weeks.

    "Fixed" for now by setting compatibility mode to XP SP3 and running as admin.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments