Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-10T14:21:16+00:00

    I've the same issue.

    I sometimes see the Epson Scan window flickering and bouncing in the background.

    When Epson Scan freezes I've to restart the WIA service and restart/replug my Epson scanner to make it work again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-10T16:06:54+00:00

    I deinstalled and reinstalled as described by E for Excel . That seems to have worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-11T11:29:35+00:00

    I reported the issue to Epson Europe as uninstalling/installing or changing compatibility didn't work for me.

    This is is the response I got from Epson

    "In response to your email, there has been an issue with our scanners since the recent Windows 2018, this has affected most of our products, we have escalated this on our end to our next level of support team to see if we can come up with a fix which we are waiting to hear back on but in the meantime  in order to try and resolve this issue you can try and contact Microsoft directly to see if they can remove the update for you, otherwise please wait for our fix to be released which will resolve this issue for you"

    I've asked for if Epson have a timeline for any fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-13T13:48:56+00:00

    still not fixed in the latest OS patch: June 12, 2018—KB4284835 (OS Build 17134.112)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T10:27:03+00:00

    Didn't work. Epson SW is still freezing

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments