Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-12T16:48:23+00:00

    got it to run twice in a row running as administrator, thanks all

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-08T13:28:54+00:00

    I just want to follow up that since I first encountered this problem in August 2018, till today I have not found a permanent solution ("running as administrator" does not always work for me as the scanner still freezes after one or a few scans, and in the first place this should not even be called a "solution" in the first place). After eight months contacting Epson and also exhausting all possible options on my own, I have given up on resolving this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-08T22:01:23+00:00

    Good to know.

    The problem first appeared when I strarted using a new HP Pavilion laptop. Before, I had a Dell that was running Vista. I had no problems with that. I did keep the old Dell (thank god) and so when I have a big scanning project I will hook it up.

    I have since seen that many people report the same frustrating problem and that appears to be some oversight.

    I should mention that I can print using the Epson Print Utility which I uploaded off the Epson disk.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-08T22:16:56+00:00

    I just want to follow up that since I first encountered this problem in August 2018, till today I have not found a permanent solution ("running as administrator" does not always work for me as the scanner still freezes after one or a few scans, and in the first place this should not even be called a "solution" in the first place). After eight months contacting Epson and also exhausting all possible options on my own, I have given up on resolving this issue.

    https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/8654/2784

    PLEASE GET THE PATCH FROM HERE! somebody please put it on the first page

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments