Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Vijay A. Verma 104.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2018-05-23T11:37:38+00:00

    Try this for only one Epson device.

    Before proceeding with the troubleshooting steps, Connect your Printer to the computer and Switch it ON. In case of Wireless printer, Switch it ON and connect it to the Wifi network.

    1. Run troubleshooter provided by Windows OS

    Type Troubleshoot in Windows Start Search box > Click Troubleshoot > On the right side, Click Printer > Run the troubleshooter

    1. Uninstall and reinstall the Printer (Credit to Andre Da Costa, MVP for providing steps)

    A. Uninstall Printer

    Click on Windows Key+X > Apps and Features > Scroll down and click Programs and Features > Select your printer > Select Uninstall

    Type Printer in Windows Search box > Printers & Scanners > Select your printer > Remove device

    Type Printer in Windows Search box > Click Printers & Scanners > Scroll down and click Print server properties under Related settings > Under Driver tab, look for your printer > Select it and click Remove button at the bottom

    B. Install Printer

    Go to the Printer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers > Reinstall the Printer driver > Reboot the computer

    Type Printer in Windows Start Search box > Click Printers & Scanners > On Right side, Click Add a printer or scanner > If Windows detects your printer, it will be listed > Select the printer and follow on screen directions to set it up (In case of Wifi printer, your computer should also be logged into Wifi network)

    If Windows doesn't detect your printer, then you will get a blue message - Click The printer that I want isn't listed

    If you are using Bluetooth / Wirelss printer > Select Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer > Choose the printer > Select your Printer and follow on screen directions

    If you are using wired printer > Select Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings > Select Use an existing port > Select your Printer and follow on screen directions

    Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-03T04:00:06+00:00

    Same issue I got here, with 1803 build and latest Epson suit.

    Any update now? It's not solved yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-06T18:02:17+00:00

    Same issue, since the latest windows 10 upgrade the Epson scanner software freezes and has to be closed in task manager. I can get 1 scan in if I'm quick before the software freezes. And 2 scans in before I can't open the scanning software without rebooting. On the 2nd try I get a Network scanner is not available or being used message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-10T10:46:46+00:00

    I would try running the Epson Scan software in compatibility mode, this worked for me.

    Right click (in file explorer on Epson Scan, for me was in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\EPSON\EPSON Scan) > properties > compatibility mode. I went extreme and did XP SP3. 

    This seems to have cure the problem for me - had exactly the same problem as others on here. Now I can use the scanner again as normal.

    Admittedly not a fix, more a workaround and hopefully Epson will sort this out permanently. But as a temporary fix, I hope this works for you.

    Trevor

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-10T14:06:00+00:00

    Thanks. I’ll give it a try.  Lately my Epson Perfection V700seems to be working...most of the time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments