Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-21T20:17:47+00:00

    I noticed that the Epson EXE Scan is 32 bit software.  Maybe that is an issue.   I deleted and reinstalled the most current Epson scan software.  Now after each scan, I get a message that my Windows 10 Pc is unable to communicate with my Epson Expression XP-830 multi-function printer.  If I unplug my USB (version 2.0) and reconnect I can resume scanning after being presented with a Epson Test page window.  My 7-8 year old Epson Photo scanner V700 is a lost cause.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-21T15:59:44+00:00

    Running Epson Scan as administrator seems to be working for me, no more freezes.

    Give a try, might work for a temporary solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-19T16:52:25+00:00

    I'm facing the same problem, as I did not update any Epson software I suppose the Microsoft update broke it. I am actually quite disappointed that a software product which worked for years now stopped working because Microsoft changed something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T10:44:52+00:00

    OS patch: June 12, 2018—KB428483 never worked for me either (but I didn't expect it to to as a fix for the Epson issue was not mentioned in the release notes)

    This was the response I got from Epson on 11 June regarding a timeline for a fix.

    "In response to your email, at the minute there is no time frame but a formal escalation has been launched and it is now being reviewed by our Level 3 team in Japan. This issue is affecting other companies and not just Epson and we are trying to work with Microsoft to come up with a fix which we are hoping is sorted as quickly as possible."

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T10:27:03+00:00

    Didn't work. Epson SW is still freezing

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments