This worked for me....Instead of everyone trading misinformation, Epson responded that in a recent Microsoft 10 update many apps were messed up, including Epson Scan. Their advice worked: In my Taskbar, I right clicked Epson Scan. In the menu was Properties. Left click Properties. At the top select Compatibility. On the Compatibility menu, at the bottom check the box to run as Administrator....click Apple, Click OK and now my scanner works without fail.
Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018
i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan. This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan. I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-08-20T20:11:58+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-08-17T15:50:37+00:00 Epson have posted a patch for this at https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/8654/2784
-
Anonymous
2018-08-05T18:21:58+00:00 I have Workforce WF-3640. Running as administrator seemed to do the trick. Not freezing up so far...
-
Anonymous
2018-08-03T05:10:23+00:00 I have resolved this issue for myself. Firstly, I removed the previous installation and install a new driver, downloaded from the Epson website. It didn't work. I repeated this process twice with no avail. Run as Admin and Compatibility didn't work out as well.
Last, I again, run deinstallation for Epson Scan utility and then for 2 other Epson apps I found in the list of programs. I was rebooting my station each time after each deinstallation. Only then I run installation again, and it helped. No works as charm.
Windows 10 pro x64, v 1803
-
Anonymous
2018-07-24T01:46:35+00:00 Yeap, running "Epson Scan" as "Adminstrator" didn't really work all the time for me. Will continue to observe for a week or two.