I had the same problem.
Go to app and right click, go to more, then click open as administrator.
Worked for me.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan. This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan. I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I had the same problem.
Go to app and right click, go to more, then click open as administrator.
Worked for me.
Excuse me, but the question regarded the scanner freezing after each scan, necessitating a complete reboot each time, in Windows 10 . Not surprisingly, both Microsoft and Epson give us the run-around that leads farther and farther away from a solution.
Sorry to say your response is no better as regards the scanner problem.
No one seems to know the fix, but given Microsoft's world-domination ambitions, it doesn't surprise me.
Get the patch from here.
https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/8654/2784
Excuse me, but the question regarded the scanner freezing after each scan, necessitating a complete reboot each time, in Windows 10 . Not surprisingly, both Microsoft and Epson give us the run-around that leads farther and farther away from a solution.
Sorry to say your response is no better as regards the scanner problem.
No one seems to know the fix, but given Microsoft's world-domination ambitions, it doesn't surprise me.
Many thanks, Trevor. This actually worked! I also confirmed that you have to revert back to Windows XP for this to fix the problem (Vista compatibility hangs, as well). Thanks for sharing this invaluable workaround.
I went to Epson's page for software updates for my V600. Under "Utilities", I found the Common Updater for Epson Scan dated August 24, downloaded and installed it. So far, so good. https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/Perfection-Series/Epson-Perfection-V600-Photo/s/SPT\_B11B198011?review-filter=Windows+10+64-bit