Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-03T05:10:23+00:00

    I have resolved this issue for myself. Firstly, I removed the previous installation and install a new driver, downloaded from the Epson website. It didn't work. I repeated this process twice with no avail. Run as Admin and Compatibility didn't work out as well.

    Last, I again, run deinstallation for Epson Scan utility and then for 2 other Epson apps I found in the list of programs. I was rebooting my station each time after each deinstallation. Only then I run installation again, and it helped. No works as charm.

    Windows 10 pro x64, v 1803

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-24T01:46:35+00:00

    Yeap, running "Epson Scan" as "Adminstrator" didn't really work all the time for me. Will continue to observe for a week or two.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-11T00:42:26+00:00

    Followup.   Using the suggestion "run as administrator" worked on the older scanner but messed up the near new Epson XP-830 scanner.  The problem is that Epson uses different EXE depending on the version of device all of which is controlled under a single dashboard like app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-10T14:13:50+00:00

    @GregoryJohnsonMEJ Thanks, I've just sent an email out to Epson as well to see if they can trace the problem. Hopefully this can be solved once and for all because in my case none of the above-proposed solutions in this thread work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-07-10T13:47:12+00:00

    Nice Analysis.   I tried accessing Epson Support for the Epson L355 printer and not sure if it is still supported.   I was trying to determine if there was a recent firmware update.  Could not find any.  What concerns me is that any Epson device that scans older than about one year may not be supported.   I am also questioning whether the EXE being 32bit software is a problem.  Don't know.  With all this problem with scanning is an interesting coincidence that Epson released a June firmware update for my printer.   Lastly,  I tested my old V700/V750 photo scanner.  It does not work after the first scan without going to the task manager and shutting down the 32bit exe, and then recycling the power button on the scanner.  Oh well.  I also tried downloading software for a later model but similar.  No doing.  Did not work.  In conclusion I will keep my old V700 scanner for any slides left to scan.  You know I may try to connect my V700 scanner to my old Macbook Pro and see if there is a problem.  This assume Epson release a Mac version of the EXE.  

    Again great work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments