Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-08T13:28:54+00:00

    I just want to follow up that since I first encountered this problem in August 2018, till today I have not found a permanent solution ("running as administrator" does not always work for me as the scanner still freezes after one or a few scans, and in the first place this should not even be called a "solution" in the first place). After eight months contacting Epson and also exhausting all possible options on my own, I have given up on resolving this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-23T14:01:42+00:00

    I had a similar problem (software freezing/crashing) with my Epson79E717 (ET-4550 Series) Printer and the Windows 10 1803 update.

    After much scratching of my head and pulling out of hair, I discovered that running "Epson Scan" as "Adminstrator" fixed the issue. I doubt this'll work for everyone but it worked for me. I have a newer Epson Printer and that may have given me an advantage...

    Froobs

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-19T16:52:25+00:00

    I'm facing the same problem, as I did not update any Epson software I suppose the Microsoft update broke it. I am actually quite disappointed that a software product which worked for years now stopped working because Microsoft changed something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T10:44:52+00:00

    OS patch: June 12, 2018—KB428483 never worked for me either (but I didn't expect it to to as a fix for the Epson issue was not mentioned in the release notes)

    This was the response I got from Epson on 11 June regarding a timeline for a fix.

    "In response to your email, at the minute there is no time frame but a formal escalation has been launched and it is now being reviewed by our Level 3 team in Japan. This issue is affecting other companies and not just Epson and we are trying to work with Microsoft to come up with a fix which we are hoping is sorted as quickly as possible."

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T10:27:03+00:00

    Didn't work. Epson SW is still freezing

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments