Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-08T22:16:56+00:00

    I just want to follow up that since I first encountered this problem in August 2018, till today I have not found a permanent solution ("running as administrator" does not always work for me as the scanner still freezes after one or a few scans, and in the first place this should not even be called a "solution" in the first place). After eight months contacting Epson and also exhausting all possible options on my own, I have given up on resolving this issue.

    https://www.epson.co.uk/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/faq/8654/2784

    PLEASE GET THE PATCH FROM HERE! somebody please put it on the first page

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-19T21:01:11+00:00

    I went to Epson's page for software updates for my V600.  Under "Utilities", I found the Common Updater for Epson Scan dated August 24, downloaded and installed it.  So far, so good.  https://epson.com/Support/Scanners/Perfection-Series/Epson-Perfection-V600-Photo/s/SPT\_B11B198011?review-filter=Windows+10+64-bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-31T17:22:40+00:00

    Very Simple Fix for the very common problem. Just go through the following steps -

    1. Right Click Epson icon
    2. Select "Properties"
    3. Select "Compatibility"
    4. Click "Change Settings for All Users"
    5. Tick the - "Run this program as Administrator"
    6. Click "Apply"
    7. Exit.
    8. Run the Epson Scanner
    9. Accept / Yes for the Make changes in Windows
    10. The Scanner will run properly.
    11. When Exiting the Scanner it will Ask - "Did the Program work Satisfactorily?"
    12. Click for "Yes It worked"

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-08-05T18:21:58+00:00

    I have Workforce WF-3640.  Running as administrator seemed to do the trick.  Not freezing up so far...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-11T11:29:35+00:00

    I reported the issue to Epson Europe as uninstalling/installing or changing compatibility didn't work for me.

    This is is the response I got from Epson

    "In response to your email, there has been an issue with our scanners since the recent Windows 2018, this has affected most of our products, we have escalated this on our end to our next level of support team to see if we can come up with a fix which we are waiting to hear back on but in the meantime  in order to try and resolve this issue you can try and contact Microsoft directly to see if they can remove the update for you, otherwise please wait for our fix to be released which will resolve this issue for you"

    I've asked for if Epson have a timeline for any fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments