Why is my Epson Scanner freezing after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring 2018

Anonymous
2018-05-23T11:36:11+00:00

i can only scan once before My scan software locks and i then have to cycle the scanner off/on and restart my scan software for the next scan.   This problem affects all my Epson devices that scan.  I tried reinstalling manufacturers software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-08T22:01:23+00:00

    Good to know.

    The problem first appeared when I strarted using a new HP Pavilion laptop. Before, I had a Dell that was running Vista. I had no problems with that. I did keep the old Dell (thank god) and so when I have a big scanning project I will hook it up.

    I have since seen that many people report the same frustrating problem and that appears to be some oversight.

    I should mention that I can print using the Epson Print Utility which I uploaded off the Epson disk.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-03-12T16:48:23+00:00

    got it to run twice in a row running as administrator, thanks all

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-02-16T01:53:19+00:00

    Had same problem after updating Win 10.  Temp solution of running as Administrator worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-01-29T00:59:58+00:00

    I had the same problem.

    Go to app and right click, go to more, then click open as administrator.

    Worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments