Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Anonymous
2018-07-19T04:49:39+00:00

I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the last day or two the Windows Defender icon in my system tray has been showing a yellow caution sign on it, and if I hover my mouse pointer over the icon it says "Actions recommended." However, when I open Windows Defender everything shows a green check and says "No action needed." How can I find out what is causing the yellow caution sign? All Windows updates have been downloaded and applied, the Windows Defender is up to date. and the last scan (which was done automatically after the caution sign appeared) shows no threats found.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-10-02T12:35:44+00:00

*SOLVED*

Log into your microsoft account and under Devices section you can see the details why this warning sign occurs.

You need to signed in with you microsoft account to do so.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-16T15:12:03+00:00

    Thanks Outatimez, this worked for me. Maybe I was not able to see the warning on the Action Center because i had Windows Defender Periodic Scan off. After enabling it, I was able to see the Ransomware Protection warning.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-18T17:10:32+00:00

    Outatimez,

    Thank you so much for the information, your suggestion worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-20T09:54:59+00:00

    Not all heroes wear capes.

    Cheers mate that sorted me right out!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-08-20T12:24:31+00:00

    Thanks to everyone who took the time to post a reply that it helped!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments