Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Anonymous
2018-07-19T04:49:39+00:00

I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the last day or two the Windows Defender icon in my system tray has been showing a yellow caution sign on it, and if I hover my mouse pointer over the icon it says "Actions recommended." However, when I open Windows Defender everything shows a green check and says "No action needed." How can I find out what is causing the yellow caution sign? All Windows updates have been downloaded and applied, the Windows Defender is up to date. and the last scan (which was done automatically after the caution sign appeared) shows no threats found.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-10-02T12:35:44+00:00

*SOLVED*

Log into your microsoft account and under Devices section you can see the details why this warning sign occurs.

You need to signed in with you microsoft account to do so.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-30T12:31:55+00:00

    Same thing. Only appeared the last couple of days. Red cross on the shield but everything in windows defender shows a green tick

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-11T11:13:30+00:00

    *SOLVED*

    Log into your microsoft account and under Devices section you can see the details why this warning sign occurs.

    You need to signed in with you microsoft account to do so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-11-20T00:10:56+00:00

    Defender found an .....exe program with threats. I think it is a Trojan32 ????

    Defender say do the RECOMMENDED ACTIONS.

    What are the recommended actions ??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-11-20T00:23:12+00:00

    Did you click on Recommended actions?

    Is there an OK or Apply box, if so click there.

    Also there may be a Quarantine section that you can check.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments