Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Anonymous
2018-07-19T04:49:39+00:00

I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the last day or two the Windows Defender icon in my system tray has been showing a yellow caution sign on it, and if I hover my mouse pointer over the icon it says "Actions recommended." However, when I open Windows Defender everything shows a green check and says "No action needed." How can I find out what is causing the yellow caution sign? All Windows updates have been downloaded and applied, the Windows Defender is up to date. and the last scan (which was done automatically after the caution sign appeared) shows no threats found.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-10-02T12:35:44+00:00

*SOLVED*

Log into your microsoft account and under Devices section you can see the details why this warning sign occurs.

You need to signed in with you microsoft account to do so.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-09T20:35:56+00:00

    Go to AVG and get their uninstalling software and completely remove AVG.

    Then use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-04-22T13:29:46+00:00

    *SOLVED*

    Log into your microsoft account and under Devices section you can see the details why this warning sign occurs.

    You need to signed in with you microsoft account to do so.

    I signed in with my microsoft account to check, but I only have one device, and it says "Everything looks good." This is really frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-06-03T02:55:29+00:00

    zactly!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-06-03T03:03:28+00:00

    I couldn't figure out how to reply directly to outatimez, but huge thanks outatimez, that is what it was. Incidentally, I had just disabled and hid onedrive which is probably what prompted this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments