Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Anonymous
2018-07-19T04:49:39+00:00

I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the last day or two the Windows Defender icon in my system tray has been showing a yellow caution sign on it, and if I hover my mouse pointer over the icon it says "Actions recommended." However, when I open Windows Defender everything shows a green check and says "No action needed." How can I find out what is causing the yellow caution sign? All Windows updates have been downloaded and applied, the Windows Defender is up to date. and the last scan (which was done automatically after the caution sign appeared) shows no threats found.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-10-02T12:35:44+00:00

*SOLVED*

Log into your microsoft account and under Devices section you can see the details why this warning sign occurs.

You need to signed in with you microsoft account to do so.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-20T00:10:56+00:00

    Defender found an .....exe program with threats. I think it is a Trojan32 ????

    Defender say do the RECOMMENDED ACTIONS.

    What are the recommended actions ??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-11-11T11:13:30+00:00

    *SOLVED*

    Log into your microsoft account and under Devices section you can see the details why this warning sign occurs.

    You need to signed in with you microsoft account to do so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-09T17:53:59+00:00

    Logged in as suggested and neither of the 3 devices had any issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-07T22:38:52+00:00

    *SOLVED*

    Log into your microsoft account and under Devices section you can see the details why this warning sign occurs.

    You need to signed in with you microsoft account to do so.

    I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM HAVE CAUTION SYMBOL SAYS ACTIONS NEEDED GO TO IT EVERYTHING IS FINE. I SIGNED INTO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT & IT SHOWS EVERYTHING IS FINE. I HAVE CHECKED AND DONE EVERYTHING BUT IT STILL SHOWS ACTIONS NEEDED. ALSO I'VE HAD A PROBLEMS WITH MY EMAIL ACCOUNT FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS I'M NOT GETTING SOME EMAILS AT ALL AND EVERY NEW EMAIL I DO GET IS GOING STRAIGHT TO MY DELETED ACCOUNT!!!! I HAVE TALKED ON THE PHONE TO A MICROSOFT TECH ABOUT IT. I'VE GIVEN REMOTE ACCESS TO MY COMPUTER TO MICROSOFT TECH AND STILL NOT RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!! NOW THIS ISSUE IS COME UP. IT SEEMS MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT IS JUST ALL MESSED UP ALL TOGETHER THE CASE NUMBER FOR THE EMAIL ISSUE WAS  6LG8L-QCHTN-XLG2A-QXQQY-JCKD9. THEN I HAD ANOTHER PROBLEM WITH MY ACCOUNT AND HAVE ANOTHER CASE NUMBER FOR THAT THIS WAS WHEN MY TASK BAR WAS MESSED UP I COULDN'T SEEN ANYTHING ON IT THE NUMBER FOR THAT WAS 1477861889. I GOT NO HELP FROM MICROSOFT WITH THAT PROBLEM EITHER THE ONLY WAY I FIXED IT WAS TO GO TO A RESTORE POINT!!!!!!!!!! IDK WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT BUT I'M JUST ABOUT FED UP I CAN GET OTHER SECURITY PROTECTION AND I USE OTHER BROWSERS!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments