Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Anonymous
2018-07-19T04:49:39+00:00

I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the last day or two the Windows Defender icon in my system tray has been showing a yellow caution sign on it, and if I hover my mouse pointer over the icon it says "Actions recommended." However, when I open Windows Defender everything shows a green check and says "No action needed." How can I find out what is causing the yellow caution sign? All Windows updates have been downloaded and applied, the Windows Defender is up to date. and the last scan (which was done automatically after the caution sign appeared) shows no threats found.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-10-02T12:35:44+00:00

*SOLVED*

Log into your microsoft account and under Devices section you can see the details why this warning sign occurs.

You need to signed in with you microsoft account to do so.

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-03-13T00:52:29+00:00

    Thanks to Outatimez as your direction was the exact reason why I still had the "actions recommended" warning yet everything seemed up to date.  Thanks much for the bang on advice.  Issue Fixed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-03-01T14:48:45+00:00

    This worked for me! Thx

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-14T03:46:42+00:00

    If you have another antivirus installed, Windows wants you to turn on its own periodic scanning.  Unce you do that, the warning goes away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-22T23:03:07+00:00

    this worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments