Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018

Anonymous
2018-06-09T03:15:22+00:00

So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-20T01:55:13+00:00

    It is so sad that Win10 is so bad.  I have been trying to upgrade to version 1803 (from 1709) for several months.  I get some of the same worthless information MS that I got when upgrading to 1709 (e.g., remove virus, remove attached drives, etc).  That was worthless because the system finally updated to 1803 without doing anything.  However this time is is taking longer for the poorly coded sw to update.  I guess I'll have to remove McAfee Total Protection and the backup drive to see if it works.  If not, I'll have to call MS and ask them how much I have to pay them to stop trying to update Win10 because every time it tries to update it freezes at different time and I have to perform a hard reboot.  Such a pain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-20T04:10:07+00:00

    Check discussion on wifi card above. This worked for me and July update went without a hitch. Removal of AV software will make no difference (tried that too once). Having to make a hardware adjustment is a pain in the backside, totally unacceptable, but did do the trick. Now using a usb connector for wifi access and have tossed the problematic card.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-20T06:16:07+00:00

    Yet again after delaying and not restarting my work laptop for months a **** Windows feature update has crept through, now my system won't boot up and keeps saying the pc didn't start correctly. So now at the start of my work day 2 hours have been wasted waiting for a forced update to install which it hasn't yet again, so for the rest of my work day I'll be resetting my laptop hopefully i haven't lost my data and then reinstalling all the legend i use to actually do my job that i get paid for!! I'm surprised companies haven't tried sueing Microsoft for repeated wasted working days!! How about you go back to the good old days were the use can actually decide not to install updates until they have got the ok from their laptop/computers manufacture saying they've bench tested it and with these patches the update will work. Rather then continuously forcing **** feature updates that make a screen have a pretty picture or a new font and God knows what else they tinker with which makes systems crash drivers fail etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-26T10:18:56+00:00

    First the update had cause my Dell's laptop to crash!!! Ended up spending hours to do hard reset, reinstall everything...I learnt the lesson from this one so I did some online reading on how to STOP this retarded update from offering any update to my Toshiba laptop, ever.

    Somehow, a blue pop-up showed up anyway on my Toshiba laptop asking me to update but with no option to reject it, all I could do was to "Wait an Hour" (the other two buttons were to update straight away, forgot the name of the buttons). This bug me for days till till this afternoon, because on the rush to go out, did not turn my laptop off, when I came back all damaged were done. All I saw now was black screen with the blinking cursor...kept on trying to restart itself. I turned it off. Restarted it and this time was telling me there was a device that was damage. WHAT THE @#$!&%&!!!!

    Now, who will be left to pick up the trashes? Will Microsoft care at all? My laptop is now "DEAD"!!! because of the retarded update that I did not and still do not want in the first place but Microsoft just did not give me any chance to say NO! NO! NO!!!!! It happened twice to me, really pissed!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-07-26T17:43:41+00:00

    Sadness and sorrow, . . . anger and frustration, . . . are shared, . . . with no satisfaction.

    My dead Gateway Desktop sits silently, . . . waiting for a township recycling day.

    Fearing more MS attacks (improvements), and still wishing for answers.

    Tears.  Almost.  Who can I strike with a very heavy object?

    Being pissed off just doesn't cut it.

    AND, we all hope never to communicate with MS Asian support, ever again.

    Why does a melodious Indian voice make me ill?

    We're dealing with the new age UNTOUCHABLES.

    Darn.   Damn.   Poop.   And, many more words of anger and dismay.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments