Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018

Anonymous
2018-06-09T03:15:22+00:00

So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T02:44:36+00:00

    No arguments here. And that is only one cause of many, many reported issues. The automatic updates compound the problems beyond measure. I'm just sorry you had to fight with it for so long. I can't understand why Microsoft hasn't made people aware of it. 

    I hold out no hope that things are going to get better with Win 10. I've been watching every update become more problematic. I have put the card back in my machine and it works, but be aware that if you decide to keep using the card after the update you will have the same problem with each major update. That happens now twice a year.

    I'm going to get a replacement Wi-Fi card, but will not ever use this machine for any critical uses. And Microsoft will never see another dime of my money.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T06:42:29+00:00

    problams is update ont installing support for information this may help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T17:14:02+00:00

    Hey everyone,

    Same thing was happening to me.  I finally went it to Windows Update, forced it to check for updates, it downloaded another small definition, showed me the green checkmark and said I was up to date.

    I looked in the start menu on/off button and, voila, problem was gone.

    HTH

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-15T12:56:37+00:00

    After update, my computer just boots, fails, then reboots 3 to 5 times and ends with a black screen. No reverting to previous version, so essentially the computer is dead.

    I am seriously considering to switch to Mac!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-15T14:31:51+00:00

    Tomasz,

    Mine was the same. Had to hard reboot (unplug) to get the reversion to the old OS. Note discussion on the WLAN card as this did work for me. My system identified it as a Ralink card, but is was Anatel when I pulled it. Yesterday I went out and bought a wifi usb network adaptor for $20 which is looking like a suitable longer term solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments