Thanks for the info. My card is not the Anatel, but even if it was, a solution that requires the disassembly of your hardware is NOT acceptable. MS needs to get this resolved without the user community resorting to extremes to meet THEIR needs. How about meeting the client needs instead. If you are not serving your customer, someone else is, as eluded to by my handle. Never have I had to resort to any such acrobatics and time wastage's to have an update installed on my Mac!
Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018
So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2018-06-13T19:12:43+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-06-13T19:16:39+00:00 I agree completely. I personally feel that Win10 is unsuitable for any critical application.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-13T22:32:40+00:00 And not to belabor the point, (well OK I am belaboring the point), the person, remaker, who originally solved this issue (he's just another user like me) posted:
Pull out the PCIe Wireless card and run the update again. Wireless cards based on the RT3090 PCIe wireless card hang every Windows Update since the Creators update, including the Fall Creators Update and the April 2018 update. (1703, 1709, 1804).
In my thread, a lot of people have reported this problem with Acer / Gateway computers but it has been reported on HPs, Asus, and many others. People have reported the device manager identifies it as everything from Raylink, Realtec, Asus, and others. In my case Device manager identified it as Realtec. After I pulled out, I saw an Anatel manufacturer sticker on it.
Please don't think I'm trying to persuade you to stick with Microsoft. I'm not.
I'm just putting this info here for others who might come across your thread in the forum.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-13T23:26:50+00:00 Here is an alternative solution to the Blank/Black screen.
The key is power off/on quickly to get the AOS menu.
-
Anonymous
2018-06-14T00:25:31+00:00 So decided to try this out when I saw that the update was again pending. Pulled the card (no easy task, but not too laborious), update was done in literally 5 minutes vs the 6-8 hours previous attempts took before crashing. Nice one. However, I still contend that the user community should not be required to modify their hardware in order for an update to be installed. Lets find the solution MS folks.
On the brighter side, cleaned out 7 years of dust while I was in there..... lol.