Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018

Anonymous
2018-06-09T03:15:22+00:00

So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-06-25T23:30:42+00:00

    I have had similar problems with each Win 10 update. When it came to the point that I had to do a clean install of 1803 and it crashed (I think because of the first update), I went to Ubuntu 18-04. I am VERY happy after figuring out a few different things and am NOT GOING BACK.

    By the way, I've been with Windows since Win 98.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-25T23:04:50+00:00

    sad but true.  So, no way?  Damn u MS!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-06-25T21:17:21+00:00

    Bill is long gone and MS don't give a flying about the quality of life experience for end users :( if you want to control updates you'll have to go back to a properly designed OS like 7 - or if your usage allows for it just about any other competing OS that still puts properly control in the hands of the end user because ultimately an OS should be about enabling the end user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-25T20:20:29+00:00

    Bill needs to hire competent software testers!!!   AND WHERE ARE THE CONTROLS TO STOP AUTO UPDATES???

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-25T19:59:41+00:00

    Same problem here.  I think MS has so many problems because they don't have worthwhile software testers.  I have always had problems with updates.  1803 still don't update correctly on my computer.  It's not like we all have 8088 processors now.  My i5 with 8 GB RAM should not be such a problem.  Bill needs to stop wasting his Billions to other countries and instead hire competent software testers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments