Hey, I have been using Linux for probably close to 20 years. Sadly, I have always had to keep a dual boot or a Windows box around for games or professional purposes. I still have my old main linux box with probably at least a 5 year old install on it of PCLOS. I get the updates. It still works and I am shocked at how much faster this old home built machine is then my Dell laptop with Windows. Too much baggage with Windows and the forced updates are so bad. I didn't have to go back mfr build on the laptop again on this last. But I am petrified of the next update. When I get the notice I will put it off until I backup THOROUGHLY
Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018
So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2018-07-20T00:07:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2018-07-07T16:27:17+00:00 Sadly, they are gone. (At least from my experience.)
Microsoft, the all knowing "what is best for us", has decided NOT TO ALLOW the old favorites.
They have decided that it is time for us to "MOVE ON UP, TO THEIR APP SIDE".
We have not been given a choice.
Your dad will have to find replacements in their GAMES thingy.
AND, the replacements will come with a load of ADVERTISEMENTS that you don't want.
They, MICROSOFT, do not even punch your T.S. card or say "BOO!".
Sorry. (Both for us and the sad state of affairs.
-
Anonymous
2018-07-06T04:54:50+00:00 I just updated with the latest Windows 10 update on my dad's computer. All he uses are games (like the old PC ones..... solitaire, freecell, minesweeper, etc), and the games got removed. The files are still there, but we can't open them, and the icons have turned blank. Help!
-
Anonymous
2018-07-04T00:39:14+00:00 There are a bunch of reasons. It's too hard to give just a simple, "do this, it will fix it answer".
You need to start a new thread detailing your computer Make and Model. And the particulars of which Win7 you are on (such as home, pro or something else) and which version and build of Win10 you are trying to upgrade to. Also, include any symptoms and error messages you receive. The more details the better.
There are some really bright people who can point you in the right direction around here, but it might take a lot of trial and error on your part.
If you let us know the name of the thread you start we can follow along.
Good luck.
-
Anonymous
2018-07-03T09:30:05+00:00 why does it keep on freezing when trying to upgrade window 7 to windows 10 using media creation tool