Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018

Anonymous
2018-06-09T03:15:22+00:00

So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-26T17:43:41+00:00

    Sadness and sorrow, . . . anger and frustration, . . . are shared, . . . with no satisfaction.

    My dead Gateway Desktop sits silently, . . . waiting for a township recycling day.

    Fearing more MS attacks (improvements), and still wishing for answers.

    Tears.  Almost.  Who can I strike with a very heavy object?

    Being pissed off just doesn't cut it.

    AND, we all hope never to communicate with MS Asian support, ever again.

    Why does a melodious Indian voice make me ill?

    We're dealing with the new age UNTOUCHABLES.

    Darn.   Damn.   Poop.   And, many more words of anger and dismay.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-20T04:10:07+00:00

    Check discussion on wifi card above. This worked for me and July update went without a hitch. Removal of AV software will make no difference (tried that too once). Having to make a hardware adjustment is a pain in the backside, totally unacceptable, but did do the trick. Now using a usb connector for wifi access and have tossed the problematic card.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-20T01:55:13+00:00

    It is so sad that Win10 is so bad.  I have been trying to upgrade to version 1803 (from 1709) for several months.  I get some of the same worthless information MS that I got when upgrading to 1709 (e.g., remove virus, remove attached drives, etc).  That was worthless because the system finally updated to 1803 without doing anything.  However this time is is taking longer for the poorly coded sw to update.  I guess I'll have to remove McAfee Total Protection and the backup drive to see if it works.  If not, I'll have to call MS and ask them how much I have to pay them to stop trying to update Win10 because every time it tries to update it freezes at different time and I have to perform a hard reboot.  Such a pain.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-07-20T00:07:29+00:00

    Hey, I have been using Linux for probably close to 20 years. Sadly, I have always had to keep a dual boot or a Windows box around for games or professional purposes. I still have my old main linux box with probably at least a 5 year old install on it of PCLOS. I get the updates. It still works and I am shocked at how much faster this old home built machine is then my Dell laptop with Windows. Too much baggage with Windows and the forced updates are so bad. I didn't have to go back mfr build on the laptop again on this last. But I am petrified of the next update. When I get the notice I will put it off until I backup THOROUGHLY

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-07-07T16:27:17+00:00

    Sadly, they are gone.  (At least from my experience.)

    Microsoft, the all knowing "what is best for us", has decided NOT TO ALLOW the old favorites.

    They have decided that it is time for us to "MOVE ON UP, TO THEIR APP SIDE".

    We have not been given a choice.

    Your dad will have to find replacements in their GAMES thingy.

    AND, the replacements will come with a load of ADVERTISEMENTS that you don't want.

    They, MICROSOFT, do not even punch your T.S. card or say "BOO!".

    Sorry. (Both for us and the sad state of affairs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments