Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018

Anonymous
2018-06-09T03:15:22+00:00

So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-26T10:18:56+00:00

    First the update had cause my Dell's laptop to crash!!! Ended up spending hours to do hard reset, reinstall everything...I learnt the lesson from this one so I did some online reading on how to STOP this retarded update from offering any update to my Toshiba laptop, ever.

    Somehow, a blue pop-up showed up anyway on my Toshiba laptop asking me to update but with no option to reject it, all I could do was to "Wait an Hour" (the other two buttons were to update straight away, forgot the name of the buttons). This bug me for days till till this afternoon, because on the rush to go out, did not turn my laptop off, when I came back all damaged were done. All I saw now was black screen with the blinking cursor...kept on trying to restart itself. I turned it off. Restarted it and this time was telling me there was a device that was damage. WHAT THE @#$!&%&!!!!

    Now, who will be left to pick up the trashes? Will Microsoft care at all? My laptop is now "DEAD"!!! because of the retarded update that I did not and still do not want in the first place but Microsoft just did not give me any chance to say NO! NO! NO!!!!! It happened twice to me, really pissed!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-07-20T06:16:07+00:00

    Yet again after delaying and not restarting my work laptop for months a **** Windows feature update has crept through, now my system won't boot up and keeps saying the pc didn't start correctly. So now at the start of my work day 2 hours have been wasted waiting for a forced update to install which it hasn't yet again, so for the rest of my work day I'll be resetting my laptop hopefully i haven't lost my data and then reinstalling all the legend i use to actually do my job that i get paid for!! I'm surprised companies haven't tried sueing Microsoft for repeated wasted working days!! How about you go back to the good old days were the use can actually decide not to install updates until they have got the ok from their laptop/computers manufacture saying they've bench tested it and with these patches the update will work. Rather then continuously forcing **** feature updates that make a screen have a pretty picture or a new font and God knows what else they tinker with which makes systems crash drivers fail etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-07-04T00:39:14+00:00

    There are a bunch of reasons. It's too hard to give just a simple, "do this, it will fix it answer".

    You need to start a new thread detailing your computer Make and Model. And the particulars of which Win7 you are on (such as home, pro or something else) and which version and build of Win10 you are trying to upgrade to. Also, include any symptoms and error messages you receive. The more details the better.

    There are some really bright people who can point you in the right direction around here, but it might take a lot of trial and error on your part.

    If you let us know the name of the thread you start we can follow along.

    Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-06-25T23:30:42+00:00

    I have had similar problems with each Win 10 update. When it came to the point that I had to do a clean install of 1803 and it crashed (I think because of the first update), I went to Ubuntu 18-04. I am VERY happy after figuring out a few different things and am NOT GOING BACK.

    By the way, I've been with Windows since Win 98.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-06-14T17:14:02+00:00

    Hey everyone,

    Same thing was happening to me.  I finally went it to Windows Update, forced it to check for updates, it downloaded another small definition, showed me the green checkmark and said I was up to date.

    I looked in the start menu on/off button and, voila, problem was gone.

    HTH

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments