Windows 10 update fails yet again - June 2018

Anonymous
2018-06-09T03:15:22+00:00

So here we go again. There have been 3 major updates to the WIN 10 OS and all have been colossal failures. They take over your computer for 6-10 hours or more, crash, reinstall previous version.... repeat. This is truly a horror story yet again. On the first update, I lost use of my computer for a week while it **** around with these failures. The 2nd, almost a month of interruptions. And on this latest one, just had the first 6+ hour steal and crash. I write this on my Mac which is quickly becoming my system of choice given these ineptitudes. MS try hiring some competent programmers who can send out updates that actually work quickly and efficiently the first time! I look forward to the coming weeks of crashes as it tries and fails over and over and over and over......

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-31T02:59:30+00:00

    I have a brand new laptop, it worked fine, until it did an update, now it freezes, restarts for no reason at all.  When will you fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-04T23:12:15+00:00

    Always happy to hear when someone gets a computer working!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-04T20:53:04+00:00

    What I would say, now, is that I returned to the MS store in Sydney with my failing SP a couple of weeks ago, having been driven to distraction by the crashes and BSODs. They gave me another brand new replacement SP and, so far, I have not had any problems whatsoever. This is the 3rd replacement this year. it is running on Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134. This is the same build as my previous SPs. This surely must point to a hardware problem although I have no idea what. The components I can identify in this latest SP are the same as the previous ones.

    The support at the MS store has been excellent, but still no answer to this.

    Totally mystified, but so far so good!

    Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-03T02:31:45+00:00

    Well, it doesn't look too promising from what I've seen so far. If I was a betting man, and I am, I would not put money on Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-03T01:49:09+00:00

    I wonder if the poorly trained coders and testers at Microsoft will figure how to update and test THEIR software and THEIR drivers before 9 Apr 19?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments