Modem Dongle not Working On Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Anonymous
2017-10-23T22:30:24+00:00

Hi.

When I upgraded to 1709 (16299.19) I couldn't get my Huawei E3372 Modem to connect!

Before the upgrade I had no problem and with no drivers it could connect to the internet.

I have done everything that I think of, Unfortunately NO LUCK!

What is the solution?

Thanks In Advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-25T23:26:48+00:00

2 Solution from Huawei : 

  1. Downgrade version of microsoft to the build 1703. You do a search how to downgrade your windows.
  2. Put a static IP on the network adapter of the stick. See image below.

Update from Microsoft will fix the problem end of November..

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-11-25T18:21:41+00:00

I have the same problem and try another I.hope to works on your PCs.Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-20T14:24:38+00:00

    OK sorry to hear that. This isn't a simple problem. I looked at these links and tried a few things before I found my current solution so it may help just to get an idea of the problem(s). 

    I am hoping that Microsoft release an update asap and let us know as this temporary fix isn't satisfactory on a permanent basis.

    https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration-on-windows-10.html

    http://windowsreport.com/ethernet-valid-ip-configuration-windows-10/

    https://appuals.com/windows-10-creators-update-no-internet-connection-fix/

    https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-fall-creators-update-common-installation-problems-and-fixes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-26T00:08:31+00:00

    I think that there is no need to rush and to mark any reply on this thread as a valid answer.

        POULIN_Pierre-Alexandre announced long ago that the "Microsoft" Corporation and the "Huawei" Corporation are working together on a fix - and not on a workaround - that will be deployed on Tuesday, 28-November-2017.

        Until then, I see any workaround as unsatisfactory.

        I have a Software Installation of the "Microsoft" "Windows" 10 "Professional" Version 1703.15063.674 Operating System somewhere that has recently been upgraded to the Version 1703.15063.764 and that it is still working somehow. I hope that it will also work when it will be upgraded to the Versions 1709.*.*.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. OssieMac 48,006 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-11-28T23:58:29+00:00

    The fix will be deploy by Microsoft November 28th. Huawei confirm to us.

    I have just updated my computer and the problem not yet fixed. Bit disappointing with Microsoft breaking the system and not able to apply a fix within the timeframe that I understand they gave.

    I am using the workaround posted by Kalski  replied on  October 26, 2017 and it is working but need to apply that workaround on every computer on which the dongle is used.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments