Modem Dongle not Working On Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Anonymous
2017-10-23T22:30:24+00:00

Hi.

When I upgraded to 1709 (16299.19) I couldn't get my Huawei E3372 Modem to connect!

Before the upgrade I had no problem and with no drivers it could connect to the internet.

I have done everything that I think of, Unfortunately NO LUCK!

What is the solution?

Thanks In Advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-25T23:26:48+00:00

2 Solution from Huawei : 

  1. Downgrade version of microsoft to the build 1703. You do a search how to downgrade your windows.
  2. Put a static IP on the network adapter of the stick. See image below.

Update from Microsoft will fix the problem end of November..

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-11-25T18:21:41+00:00

I have the same problem and try another I.hope to works on your PCs.Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-16T05:14:43+00:00

    After Searching and applying many thing This solution worked.

    Problem: "Windows 10 version: 1709 Fall Creators" is not picking valid IP4 Addresses from DHCP Server.

    Solution: Provide all IP4 addresses manually.

    1. Note Down your dongle's localhost IP Address i.e. 192.168.1.1
    2. open adapter's setting and provide manually as follow.
      1. IP Address: 192.168.1.101 (Anything that is not assigned to another computer in your network)
      2. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
      3. Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
      4. Preferred DNS Server: 192.168.1.1
      5. Alternate DNS Server: Leave is blank
      6. Hit OK and OK and wait for 1 min.
      7. DONE!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T11:03:12+00:00

    After Searching and applying many thing This solution worked.

    Problem: "Windows 10 version: 1709 Fall Creators" is not picking valid IP4 Addresses from DHCP Server.

    Solution: Provide all IP4 addresses manually.

    1. Note Down your dongle's localhost IP Address i.e. 192.168.1.1
    2. open adapter's setting and provide manually as follow.
      1. IP Address: 192.168.1.101 (Anything that is not assigned to another computer in your network)
      2. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
      3. Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
      4. Preferred DNS Server: 192.168.1.1
      5. Alternate DNS Server: Leave is blank
      6. Hit OK and OK and wait for 1 min.
      7. DONE!

    Thanks. After hours and hours of going through whole sections on this problem this was the only procedure that worked for me. Perhaps this is the same procedure for all Huawei dongles?

    I would like to add that this suggestion only works in the USB port where the IPv4 properties were added where the dongle was originally setup for this problem i.e. when I put my dongle in another port it was back to the same problem.

    I didn't want to downgrade back to 1703 because Windows 10 will keep trying to download 1709 and use my bandwidth! I actually upgraded through the Media Creation Tool and this was the only problem that has arisen so far...

    Does anyone know when/where exactly the fix will be posted for download?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-20T08:33:21+00:00

    Hi

    i have the same problem with HUAWEI E3531 and Windows 10 version 1709

    i can't connect in any case

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments