Modem Dongle not Working On Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Anonymous
2017-10-23T22:30:24+00:00

Hi.

When I upgraded to 1709 (16299.19) I couldn't get my Huawei E3372 Modem to connect!

Before the upgrade I had no problem and with no drivers it could connect to the internet.

I have done everything that I think of, Unfortunately NO LUCK!

What is the solution?

Thanks In Advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-25T23:26:48+00:00

2 Solution from Huawei : 

  1. Downgrade version of microsoft to the build 1703. You do a search how to downgrade your windows.
  2. Put a static IP on the network adapter of the stick. See image below.

Update from Microsoft will fix the problem end of November..

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-11-25T18:21:41+00:00

I have the same problem and try another I.hope to works on your PCs.Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-25T12:36:33+00:00

    Hi, Pierre Alexandre.

    Can you please share the solution with us, until MS release a patch for it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-25T19:00:09+00:00

    Hey,

    I solved the problem by realizing that the modem isn't able to find itself an IP-address, so you have to do it yourself in the windows options.

    1. Go to Control Panel, search for "Control panel"
    2. Navigate to "Network and Internet" -> "Network & Sharing Center"
    3. On the right sidebar, you will see "change adapter settings", go there.
    4. There you will see a few devices, open the one that has a greyed text: "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" (some text probably cut out).
    5. "Properties" -> Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) by clicking it -> "Properties"
    6. Click on "Use the following IP-address:" and fill in these values.

    IP-address: 192.168.1.100

    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

    Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

    these DNS-servers are google Public DNS, you can use your preferred one, if you want.

    Preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8

    Alternate DNS server: 8.8.4.4

    And check the tickbox that says "validate settings upon exit."

    1. Click OK and it should work wonders after this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-25T19:34:34+00:00

    Unfortunately it didn't work for me!

    Thank you anyway.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments