Modem Dongle not Working On Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Anonymous
2017-10-23T22:30:24+00:00

Hi.

When I upgraded to 1709 (16299.19) I couldn't get my Huawei E3372 Modem to connect!

Before the upgrade I had no problem and with no drivers it could connect to the internet.

I have done everything that I think of, Unfortunately NO LUCK!

What is the solution?

Thanks In Advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-25T23:26:48+00:00

2 Solution from Huawei : 

  1. Downgrade version of microsoft to the build 1703. You do a search how to downgrade your windows.
  2. Put a static IP on the network adapter of the stick. See image below.

Update from Microsoft will fix the problem end of November..

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-11-25T18:21:41+00:00

I have the same problem and try another I.hope to works on your PCs.Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. OssieMac 48,006 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-11-30T01:03:27+00:00

    Where is this fix being deployed: Windows Update or a specific link?

    To TimK_21,

    I understand from the supplier of my dongle that Microsoft have accepted that it is a Windows problem due to the last autumn update. According to a post on this thread by Pierre-Alexandre Poulin's on November 20, 2017 Microsoft were supposed to be providing a fix and it was scheduled for Nov 28.

    Not sure what you are referring to "specific link". I understand that Microsoft updates only arrive by one method.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-30T00:23:55+00:00

    Where is this fix being deployed: Windows Update or a specific link?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. OssieMac 48,006 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-11-28T23:58:29+00:00

    The fix will be deploy by Microsoft November 28th. Huawei confirm to us.

    I have just updated my computer and the problem not yet fixed. Bit disappointing with Microsoft breaking the system and not able to apply a fix within the timeframe that I understand they gave.

    I am using the workaround posted by Kalski  replied on  October 26, 2017 and it is working but need to apply that workaround on every computer on which the dongle is used.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments