Modem Dongle not Working On Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Anonymous
2017-10-23T22:30:24+00:00

Hi.

When I upgraded to 1709 (16299.19) I couldn't get my Huawei E3372 Modem to connect!

Before the upgrade I had no problem and with no drivers it could connect to the internet.

I have done everything that I think of, Unfortunately NO LUCK!

What is the solution?

Thanks In Advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-25T23:26:48+00:00

2 Solution from Huawei : 

  1. Downgrade version of microsoft to the build 1703. You do a search how to downgrade your windows.
  2. Put a static IP on the network adapter of the stick. See image below.

Update from Microsoft will fix the problem end of November..

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-11-25T18:21:41+00:00

I have the same problem and try another I.hope to works on your PCs.Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-30T21:10:55+00:00

    Great job that you were successful in getting an answer ! It also works!

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-30T18:38:50+00:00

    Sounds bad. Isn't this the problem with the principle of new and not fully tested builds? If I hadn't come to this forum I would have had no internet connection on Windows 10, Version 1709.

    I am quite new to Windows 10 and it is being used on a computer for specific work purposes. Windows 7 is still my main operating system as it has been tried and tested. I am not fully up to speed with Windows 10 but early on in the game basic oversights are becoming obvious.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-30T12:15:39+00:00

    I am also still waiting for an Update.

        As far as I have understood this Issue, this Regression Testing Failure has generated a Major Crash that involves a lot of Electronic Devices produced by the "Huawei" Corporation. It is not just one tiny Dongle that they have to fix.

        "They" represent the triad made by the "Microsoft" Corporation, the "Huawei" Corporation and the Software House that writes the Firmware for these Dongles.

        This is why I was expecting to receive a Full Build Upgrade. I am still using the Version 1709.16299.64.

        

        Moreover, I would not bet anything on the uniqueness of only one Update Portal. The Operating System is always full of surprises and one can easily get stupefied.

        

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments