This problem appears to have got better after I upgraded to Windows 10 build 1803.
In Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > (Your Adapter Name) > Right Click > Diagnose. Then Right Click > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties > Select Obtain IP address automatically > Select
Obtain DNS Server address automatically. See if this works.
Also experiment with startup properties. Start > Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power button does > Change settings that are currently unavailable > Deselect Turn on fast start-up (recommended).
This is keeping the problem at bay although I have sometimes had to Right Click, Disable and Enable the dongle in Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > (Your Adapter Name) as it has not always been recognised at boot.
So I would say with build 1803 this problem has got much better but isn't entirely resolved.
I am interested in feedback from other users who have upgraded to build 1803.