After Searching and applying many thing This solution worked.
Problem: "Windows 10 version: 1709 Fall Creators" is not picking valid IP4 Addresses from DHCP Server.
Solution: Provide all IP4 addresses manually.
- Note Down your dongle's localhost IP Address i.e. 192.168.1.1
- open adapter's setting and provide manually as follow.
- IP Address: 192.168.1.101 (Anything that is not assigned to another computer in your network)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
- Preferred DNS Server: 192.168.1.1
- Alternate DNS Server: Leave is blank
- Hit OK and OK and wait for 1 min.
- DONE!
Thanks. After hours and hours of going through whole sections on this problem this was the only procedure that worked for me. Perhaps this is the same procedure for all Huawei dongles?
I would like to add that this suggestion only works in the USB port where the IPv4 properties were added where the dongle was originally setup for this problem i.e. when I put my dongle in another port it was back to the same problem.
I didn't want to downgrade back to 1703 because Windows 10 will keep trying to download 1709 and use my bandwidth! I actually upgraded through the Media Creation Tool and this was the only problem that has arisen so far...
Does anyone know when/where exactly the fix will be posted for download?