Modem Dongle not Working On Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Anonymous
2017-10-23T22:30:24+00:00

Hi.

When I upgraded to 1709 (16299.19) I couldn't get my Huawei E3372 Modem to connect!

Before the upgrade I had no problem and with no drivers it could connect to the internet.

I have done everything that I think of, Unfortunately NO LUCK!

What is the solution?

Thanks In Advance!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-25T23:26:48+00:00

2 Solution from Huawei : 

  1. Downgrade version of microsoft to the build 1703. You do a search how to downgrade your windows.
  2. Put a static IP on the network adapter of the stick. See image below.

Update from Microsoft will fix the problem end of November..

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-11-25T18:21:41+00:00

I have the same problem and try another I.hope to works on your PCs.Thanks

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-20T11:20:59+00:00

    Try restoring defaults and/or rebooting the dongle on another computer with Windows 7/8 or Windows 10 non-1709.

    Check that the information that corresponds from the Command Prompt (cmd) > ipconfig and your mobile broadband dashboard matches your entries. It may also help to make some investigations in 'Control Panel > Network and Sharing Centre > Change Adapter Settings > Your connection > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties' and trying once again (make sure your IP addresses and DNS server address (I only entered in the Preferred DNS server address) are indeed correct).

    So...

    IP address = IPv4 address (in cmd)

    Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0 (automatically entered)

    Default Gateway = Default Gateway address (in cmd)

    Preferred DNS server = as Default Gateway address (in cmd)

    Alternative DNS server = leave blank

    Maybe also try to "Validate settings upon exit". I can't remember if I did this or not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-20T08:33:21+00:00

    Hi

    i have the same problem with HUAWEI E3531 and Windows 10 version 1709

    i can't connect in any case

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-25T07:40:54+00:00

    I can confirm that I have the same problem with a Huawei E5573.

    This unit is both with Wifi connection and MicroUSB cable connection.

    Since the Fall Creators update, Windows 10 no longer recognizes the unit and I cannot connect to the internet using a cable.

    Hope this gets resolved soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments