Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Build 16299.19 Double Login Screen Problem

Anonymous
2017-10-18T23:35:35+00:00

Hello Everyone,

          After the current update to Windows 10 on 10/17/17 Fall Creators Update OS Build 16299.19 1709. I'm now experiencing a little problem that I hope a Microsoft  technical engineer will take note, and issue a FIX in the next cumulative Update. When ever I enter my Password in the login screen, I Have to enter it in twice. It has like a little hang. It does Not have this problem when waking from sleep, Only on Fresh Boot... (start up). 

Also Microsoft: I have sent this problem to your "Feedback Hub" in hopes you will send a Fix.

Edit10/21/17 MicrosoftPlease see my last post to myself at end of this thread for temporary work around???...

Thank-You...

And Best Regards...

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-24T18:43:07+00:00

Hi all,

We are investigating reports of customers being asked to enter their password or PIN twice on the lock screen.

I am confirming the steps Leprechaun J wrote in a previous reply as the correct workaround at this time.

Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

Down in the Privacy sections, toggle off the setting to “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish settings up my device after an update or restart.”

You will not see that second prompt for a password/pin the next time you start up.

Upvote / Follow one of the previously shared Feedback Hub reports to keep up to date with communications about the issue.

Paul…

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-19T05:37:30+00:00

    Did you choose to install Fall Creators Update manually or...?

    Were you running Win10 1709 OS Build 16299.0 prior to installing Fall Creators Update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-10-19T09:02:20+00:00

    This is a know issue. Have discussed it with MS, they said to up vote the link here :

    https://twitter.com/sumitdhiman01/status/920860512937680896

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Neil D 34,340 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-10-19T09:40:20+00:00

    Just as a side note. Why are we expected to upvote something using Twitter. I for one am not interested in Twitter and I thought that's what the Feedback Hub was for.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Sumit 44,436 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-10-19T10:22:12+00:00

    Actually the tweet has the FB hub link. I was having difficulty in copying the link so posted the tweet itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments