Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Build 16299.19 Double Login Screen Problem

Anonymous
2017-10-18T23:35:35+00:00

Hello Everyone,

          After the current update to Windows 10 on 10/17/17 Fall Creators Update OS Build 16299.19 1709. I'm now experiencing a little problem that I hope a Microsoft  technical engineer will take note, and issue a FIX in the next cumulative Update. When ever I enter my Password in the login screen, I Have to enter it in twice. It has like a little hang. It does Not have this problem when waking from sleep, Only on Fresh Boot... (start up). 

Also Microsoft: I have sent this problem to your "Feedback Hub" in hopes you will send a Fix.

Edit10/21/17 MicrosoftPlease see my last post to myself at end of this thread for temporary work around???...

Thank-You...

And Best Regards...

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows Hello, lock screen and sign-in

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-10-24T18:43:07+00:00

Hi all,

We are investigating reports of customers being asked to enter their password or PIN twice on the lock screen.

I am confirming the steps Leprechaun J wrote in a previous reply as the correct workaround at this time.

Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

Down in the Privacy sections, toggle off the setting to “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish settings up my device after an update or restart.”

You will not see that second prompt for a password/pin the next time you start up.

Upvote / Follow one of the previously shared Feedback Hub reports to keep up to date with communications about the issue.

Paul…

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T05:15:01+00:00

    Hai,

         Hello I am replying to you as I got this reply sent to me.Issue with double login happened once to me.

    It hasnt happened again. 

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-19T04:04:25+00:00

    Hi Hal,

    Just following up. Are you still experiencing the issue? Kindly let us know so we can help.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-15T14:27:45+00:00

    PIN login works sometime. When it does NOT work, I can successfully login with my password. I then open settings: Accounts: Sign-in Options and find the PIN option with an ADD button (even though my PIN has been set previously). I click on ADD and get message "Windows Security - We couldn't sign you in <my name> <my user ID> This request is not supported."

     I removed my name and my User ID from the image to protect my privacy.

    Windows 10 Home Version 1709, Build 16299.64

    Hardware ASUS 64bit processor

    Please advise. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-13T02:19:55+00:00

    Hi Jeffrey,

    Have you tried Paul Seymour's suggestion that was marked as the correct answer in this thread?

    We have been seeing several reports regarding this and we suggest you try the steps he gave.

    We'll be here if you need more help.

    Hi thank you for your reply I will do this actual case to see just if this repairs this double signin bug whilst do it I was seeing a flashed popup in top right hand corner asking me to try new sign in method as its their new way of signing into their. 

    The case # is 1401994032. She used the run command " netplwiz ' to enter my user account and check the box " users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Then restarted the system and all is well. I have restarted or power cycled the machine a dozen times the last two days to test everything and I only need a single login at the lock

    login screen.

    I am very shocked to read no body with double login bug experienced these annoying devices that dissappear under code 45 error code missing devices are always missing in device manager plus explorer why is this happening to win 10 Pro when home edition has 100% purfect workings no problems at all 

    regards

    jeffrey OBrien

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments