Please don't display a full key in the forum.
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
Windows updated to the latest version yesterday on my PC. However, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations was supposed to be available as well. How do you get it?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-12-31T02:58:09+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-12-31T05:48:16+00:00 That is the generic key for Pro Workstation found in product.ini. It works for me to use that key to toggle from Pro to Pro Workstation. If I enter it in the Activation screen in settings, I can see the edition change immediately. If I then enter in the generic Pro key, it will toggle the edition back to Pro. If I enter the generic Enterprise key, it will toggle to Enterprise Edition, etc.
Only editions licensed on a particular device will activate, but the generic key still works to toggle the Edition and relevant capabilities.
EDIT: I find this all works the same, even on a Hyper-V VM with no license. Any edition the VM has a license for will activate, but not other editions.
-
Anonymous
2018-01-10T17:41:05+00:00 Windows 10 Pro for Workstations was released, but its not available at retail, its an OEM bundle because you need to purchase expensive hardware such as XEON processors and other workstation class hardware.
Its up on MSDN Subscriber Downloads if you have access to that. Gonna try it out on my Z210 this week when I get the chance.
Microsoft is very bad company. I had pay 200 EUR, get no key, no media. Old workstation was dead. On a new one download (upgrade to) do not work. Microsoft is now a fraud company. I need my money back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Intek have no media for me.
-
Anonymous
2018-01-10T17:48:00+00:00 You don't need either a key or media. It is not different from Pro media. The license simply turns on already installed features. Open the Store and search on "Windows 10" (those exact words) and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations will appear. Choose it. Since your device is already licensed your copy of W10 Pro will upgrade to Workstations. No downloads are needed and no payment is required since you already paid for the edition.
-
Anonymous
2018-01-10T20:25:15+00:00 You don't need either a key or media. It is not different from Pro media. The license simply turns on already installed features. Open the Store and search on "Windows 10" (those exact words) and Windows 10 Pro for Workstations will appear. Choose it. Since your device is already licensed your copy of W10 Pro will upgrade to Workstations. No downloads are needed and no payment is required since you already paid for the edition.
Very optimistic. But exact that way don't work. No upgrade to W10P for Workstations. Damn M$!!!!!