I've received suggestions from Microsoft Support to use the Feedback Hub to provide feedback on this issue by replicating it with the "Collect Diagnostics" option running. However, like stated before...the computer freezes, so there's no way to submit the feedback. The system locks before I can.
Funny enough, I was talking with another person in IT yesterday and mentioned my frustration with this bug and he said that he's had the issue as well and just moved to using Process Explorer.
I'm beginning to think this issue is a lot more prevalent than the limited number of people here reporting it would make it seem. Many just look for alternate solutions, likely because they're tired of the same suggestions for every issues.... SFC, DISM, Refresh, Reinstall. You'd think with all the telemetry data that MSFT collects by default, they'd see the problem if they'd just look.
Fingers crossed that the 3/18 maybe called "Spring Creators Update" provides some resolution to this.....