Computer freezes when I open task manager.

Anonymous
2017-12-14T13:54:36+00:00

Can any one help me with this.

I got a new computer and every time I open up task manager it causes my computer to run slow then freezes.

If I have any thing running and open task manager this is when the issue starts.

I have windows 10 pro, i7, 20gb ram.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-11T12:51:25+00:00

    Do you have webroot, and do you use an alternate browser like chrome or firefox? If so, it was the combination of the two that was causing my problem. I followed these instructions and it appears to have fixed the problem: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Internet/How-Do-I-Disable-or-Enable-Web-Filter-Extensions-in-WSA-Home/ta-p/216875

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-15T11:55:15+00:00

    I did this and still the same issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-17T16:28:27+00:00

    Hi Cody,

    May I know if you have tried the steps in the link that was provided by Emily Henninger? Update us with the results so we can further assist you.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-19T19:19:20+00:00

    It didn't, as I said above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-20T17:05:45+00:00

    We appreciate your response. Since you already tried the steps provided above and the issue still persists, I would suggest that you perform a repair upgrade using the latest Windows 10 ISO file. Performing a repair upgrade can resolve broken operating system files while preserving your personal files, settings and installed applications. You can follow the steps in this Forum Article that was provided by Andre Da Costa.

    Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments