Computer freezes when I open task manager.

Anonymous
2017-12-14T13:54:36+00:00

Can any one help me with this.

I got a new computer and every time I open up task manager it causes my computer to run slow then freezes.

If I have any thing running and open task manager this is when the issue starts.

I have windows 10 pro, i7, 20gb ram.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-10T11:31:37+00:00

    I guess once you buy the computer they don't care. I have a new laptop and cant even open up task manger. Guess back to apple I will go after this one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T16:30:27+00:00

    Im an IT system admin. I built my system in September. It’s a watercooled i7 with 64 gb lf ram. Everything was great until build 1709. If I open the task manager, the computer slows way down, the mouse pointer moves slowly, eventually crawling to a halt, and I can’t close it or do anything else to make it respond. It’s kind of bad when the task manager, which is used to kill hung processes, causes explorer to hang. Now that I know that I’m not alone here... Microsoft needs to look into this. It’s unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T16:34:22+00:00

    In the meantime for other folks, this app from sysinternals might be better than using the built in task manager. It hasn’t caused my computer to freeze yet.

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-15T17:14:42+00:00

    Yeah, I know. You spend all this money and windows OS (something that is suppose to work) makes it where it doesn't work correctly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-01-16T07:18:07+00:00

    same with me. also an IT professional, and the recent update did exactly that to my high-end workstation :/

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments