Computer freezes when I open task manager.

Anonymous
2017-12-14T13:54:36+00:00

Can any one help me with this.

I got a new computer and every time I open up task manager it causes my computer to run slow then freezes.

If I have any thing running and open task manager this is when the issue starts.

I have windows 10 pro, i7, 20gb ram.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-19T11:22:04+00:00

    I keep replying, ad you guys cant fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-18T21:49:44+00:00

    Hi willp2,

    Because the issue occurs on 3 computers, it might be safe to assume that it's a bug. Are all 3 computers running the same Windows 10 version and build? You can find out by going to Settings > System > About > Windows specifications.

    In the meantime, I suggest that you perform a clean boot and check if it helps. Here is an article for your reference.

    Note: Afterwards, refer to the Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting section in the same article.

    Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-17T21:17:20+00:00

    I now have 3 computers with this problem, A Lenovo Thinkpad X1 and a Dell and Lenovo. None have Webroot all are solid and pretty new machines. They are fine until Task Manager is opened and then the system completely bogs down to the point where I usually have to hard reset it.  

    On one of the machines I did a full reset and the problem came back again before any other software was installed. Again these are solid, business class machines that are working fine, but as soon as you open Task Manager the systems bog down so much they are unusable. Drivers and firmware are all up to date on all machines and nothing changes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-20T17:05:45+00:00

    We appreciate your response. Since you already tried the steps provided above and the issue still persists, I would suggest that you perform a repair upgrade using the latest Windows 10 ISO file. Performing a repair upgrade can resolve broken operating system files while preserving your personal files, settings and installed applications. You can follow the steps in this Forum Article that was provided by Andre Da Costa.

    Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-02-19T19:19:20+00:00

    It didn't, as I said above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments