Computer freezes when I open task manager.

Anonymous
2017-12-14T13:54:36+00:00

Can any one help me with this.

I got a new computer and every time I open up task manager it causes my computer to run slow then freezes.

If I have any thing running and open task manager this is when the issue starts.

I have windows 10 pro, i7, 20gb ram.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-19T17:12:44+00:00

    Patricia,

    While I'm not Cody, I can say that I've had this issue on three completely different systems.  Dell Latitude, Surface Pro 3, and Dell OptiPlex.  I've completely rebuilt my machines in the hope of escaping this Task Manager freezing bug with full reinstall of Windows.  The issue reappeared for me within days, when I only have Office 365 installed on the machine.

    Other co-workers have experienced the same issue with their machines (three others that I know of).  Wish I could just link the Task Manager links to Process Explorer to get past this.  Instinctively I open Task Manager when a program acts weird, then within seconds my entire machine will freeze. 

    One item of note, I had Task manager open one day on the Startup Tab and left it over the weekend, my system did not freeze.  Once I got back to the office, I clicked on the Processes tab and within 5 seconds my machine froze up and hung.  So I thinkthe issue is specifically with the Processes tab and not simply with Task Manager.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-19T16:45:13+00:00

    Hi Cody,

    Have you tried Eric Ber's suggestion to perform an repair upgrade? If so, how did it go?

    Keep us posted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-19T11:27:11+00:00

    Wow, this thread is still unresolved. Hey everybody, Microsoft cares.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-03-19T11:25:22+00:00

    Yeah it sucks.

    They cant tell me what to do to fix it, and really don't think they care.

    If you read above which it sounds like you did, not one of those things work.

    Microsoft tech support needs to contact us directly, and fix this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments