Computer freezes when I open task manager.

Anonymous
2017-12-14T13:54:36+00:00

Can any one help me with this.

I got a new computer and every time I open up task manager it causes my computer to run slow then freezes.

If I have any thing running and open task manager this is when the issue starts.

I have windows 10 pro, i7, 20gb ram.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-21T17:03:14+00:00

    Hello Cody,

    Freezing issues might also occur due to some software conflicts. For further troubleshooting, we recommend performing a clean boot on your computer. Performing a clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program, an update, or when you run a program in Windows 10.

    Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the knowledge base article to boot the computer in normal startup after resolving the issue.

    Update us so that we can further help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-18T11:42:50+00:00

    I did the following that you said. The computer didn't find any bad files and didn't fix any. Also troubleshooting I really haven't did much. I was hoping it was a software issue and Microsoft would have a fix for it by now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-14T19:26:40+00:00

    Hi Cody,

    Corrupted system files may be the possible reason why your computer freezes when you open Task Manager. To assist you better, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

    Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article to scan for corruption and restore corrupted files. We also recommend that you perform the instructions in this article to restore Windows corruptions errors.

    Feel free to post us back if you need more assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments