Computer freezes when I open task manager.

Anonymous
2017-12-14T13:54:36+00:00

Can any one help me with this.

I got a new computer and every time I open up task manager it causes my computer to run slow then freezes.

If I have any thing running and open task manager this is when the issue starts.

I have windows 10 pro, i7, 20gb ram.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-16T18:34:28+00:00

    I did a clean install and it fixed my issue., let me say tho. The clean install failed the first 3 times :) hahaha.

    Best part is, I get a notification all the time asking me if I would recommend windows 10 to a friend or colleague. I am glad they have time for in os surveys vs critical bug fixes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-16T15:15:19+00:00

    How is this still unresolved? Terrible performance by the M$ agents and engineers on this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-02T10:44:17+00:00

    Hello Macros_1,

    An outdated firmware and BIOS can also cause this type of issue in Windows 10. I'll need more information to properly address the issue. Please verify the following:

    • Can you tell me the complete specifications of your Windows PC? This information is essential to determine if your hardware component has an ongoing issue with the latest version of Windows 10.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed on your PC?
    • What is the current OS Build of your Windows 10 system? Select the Start button, go to Settings > System > About. Scroll down to Windows specifications to find this information.

    In the meantime, I suggest running the CHKDSK tool to test the integrity of your local disk.

    1. Select the Start button.
    2. Type Command Prompt.
    3. Right-click Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    4. If prompted, select Yes or enter the administrator password.
    5. Type the command below and then hit Enter.
      • chkdsk /f /r <volume letter>:
      • For example: chkdsk /f /r C:
    6. Wait for the process to finish.

    Please reply back with the results.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-01T16:41:17+00:00

    Updated to the Windows 10 April Update (1803) yesterday.  Unfortunately, the issue STILL persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-01T04:11:16+00:00

    I use Avg pc tuneup & when I switched to the avg task manager I didn't get the freeze anymore

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments