Yeah it sucks.
They cant tell me what to do to fix it, and really don't think they care.
If you read above which it sounds like you did, not one of those things work.
Microsoft tech support needs to contact us directly, and fix this issue.
Exactly. Posting here was sort of out of desperation once I realized this was happening on more computers. I'm an IT pro that works these kinds of issues day in and day out. This has actually been going on for months on one computer, but just worked around it and didn't use task manager. Figured sooner or later a patch would get released to fix it. Now that it seems to have spread I can no longer ignore it. I really don't know what more I can do other than the typical SFC / clean boot / reset Windows.
Same here... this is bad. Also IT tech here and working with different clients everyday. Reading this thread just makes you irritated even more. Please Microsoft! The normal "do a clean boot" doesn't suffice. This is clearly a big BUG in 1709 that needs a solution.
I've ducked for this for a while but as you said willp2 this can't be ignored anymore. I've been in a similar thread at Spiceworks community and it's the same "mumbojumbo" there too, no answers just **** about repair that, do a clean install. NO. This is a major problem and please Microsoft prioritize this.
Releasing amounts of new builds that's not even working properly is a bad business.