Yeah it sucks.
They cant tell me what to do to fix it, and really don't think they care.
If you read above which it sounds like you did, not one of those things work.
Microsoft tech support needs to contact us directly, and fix this issue.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Can any one help me with this.
I got a new computer and every time I open up task manager it causes my computer to run slow then freezes.
If I have any thing running and open task manager this is when the issue starts.
I have windows 10 pro, i7, 20gb ram.
Thanks
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yeah it sucks.
They cant tell me what to do to fix it, and really don't think they care.
If you read above which it sounds like you did, not one of those things work.
Microsoft tech support needs to contact us directly, and fix this issue.
I keep replying, ad you guys cant fix it.
Hi willp2,
Because the issue occurs on 3 computers, it might be safe to assume that it's a bug. Are all 3 computers running the same Windows 10 version and build? You can find out by going to Settings > System > About > Windows specifications.
In the meantime, I suggest that you perform a clean boot and check if it helps. Here is an article for your reference.
Note: Afterwards, refer to the Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting section in the same article.
Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.
I now have 3 computers with this problem, A Lenovo Thinkpad X1 and a Dell and Lenovo. None have Webroot all are solid and pretty new machines. They are fine until Task Manager is opened and then the system completely bogs down to the point where I usually have to hard reset it.
On one of the machines I did a full reset and the problem came back again before any other software was installed. Again these are solid, business class machines that are working fine, but as soon as you open Task Manager the systems bog down so much they are unusable. Drivers and firmware are all up to date on all machines and nothing changes.
We appreciate your response. Since you already tried the steps provided above and the issue still persists, I would suggest that you perform a repair upgrade using the latest Windows 10 ISO file. Performing a repair upgrade can resolve broken operating system files while preserving your personal files, settings and installed applications. You can follow the steps in this Forum Article that was provided by Andre Da Costa.
Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.