Well you can but I've forgotten how I did it. It wasn't complicated though. This is in answer how do you set up Alexa on WIN 7.
Great non -answer, Tony. Why'd you waste the time?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
how do I set up an app for amazon alexa ? as the grandkids are going ape help me please
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Well you can but I've forgotten how I did it. It wasn't complicated though. This is in answer how do you set up Alexa on WIN 7.
Great non -answer, Tony. Why'd you waste the time?
The original question asked about Windows 7. She asked about Windows 10.
Installing/configuring an Amazon Echo device from a computer is accomplished through a web site (https://alexa.amazon.com/) and is independent of the computer's operating system.
Of course it is, but as I said, the uninitiated don't know that and can't read your mind. What part of that didn't you understand. You didn't say anything about Windows. Don't be a tech snob.
LemP, your recent answer is much better. Still, nobody asked at all about any "Echo device' setup; they asked about setting up Alexa APP, which can be independent of Echo. You can set it up just for "music through the PC," for example. So your recent answer is more in line with what the original reply should have been in the beginning - keeping in mind the original question. Thanks.
I think what people are looking for here is a way to install an app or program on their PCs that allow you to control your Echo Dot (home automation, routines, music and so on) like you can with the Alexa app on your mobile phone. If that's it, I think the only way is to install an Android emulator like Bluestacks ( www.bluestacks.com )on thier PC. They can then download the Alexa app directly from Google Playstore and run it like they would on their phones.