TLS security setting

Anonymous
2017-10-20T13:49:43+00:00

Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

Good Day I am having issues,  I am getting that message when I try to register to an invitation I got from my employer

Please advise

Christine

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-03-17T19:18:59+00:00

This error is often returned for other reasons than those given. However, to ensure that you have the recommended settings for TLS, follow these steps:

  1. Press Windows key + R to open a Run box. Type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
  2. Select Internet Options and open the Advanced tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Security section and make these selections:

If the option to Use SSL 2.0 is present, it should not be selected. 4. Click Apply and OK. 5. Close Control Panel.

These settings will make it possible to connect securely to most reliable websites. If you continue to see the same error, try again later. If there are still problems, they are most probably at the website. Use a Contact us option at the site to draw attention to them.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-27T14:23:24+00:00

    I am using Windows 10 10.0.15063

    Build 15063

    Browser Edge

    Yes, same problem when browsing for a website.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-27T18:09:50+00:00

    Hi, my computer details are: 

    Windows 10 Home

    Version 1703

    OS Build 15063.674

    Both Edge and Internet Explorer

    Just getting the error when I'm on my employer's website trying to open a 'dropbox' address which is a secure site. They have also sent me the links via email and still comes up with the error when I try to open them.

    Many thanks

    Yvonne

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-30T01:57:12+00:00

    Thank you for the additional details. To help us identify the appropriate steps that will address the error message, we would like to confirm if you are using a personal computer or company owned. At the same time, is this happening to all websites or only to specific websites? We would also like to ask you to test it in Internet Explorer to check if the websites are accessible.

    We will wait for your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-30T14:44:33+00:00

    Personal computer.  All websites.  I am using Edge & Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments