TLS security setting

Anonymous
2017-10-20T13:49:43+00:00

Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

Good Day I am having issues,  I am getting that message when I try to register to an invitation I got from my employer

Please advise

Christine

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-03-17T19:18:59+00:00

This error is often returned for other reasons than those given. However, to ensure that you have the recommended settings for TLS, follow these steps:

  1. Press Windows key + R to open a Run box. Type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
  2. Select Internet Options and open the Advanced tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Security section and make these selections:

If the option to Use SSL 2.0 is present, it should not be selected. 4. Click Apply and OK. 5. Close Control Panel.

These settings will make it possible to connect securely to most reliable websites. If you continue to see the same error, try again later. If there are still problems, they are most probably at the website. Use a Contact us option at the site to draw attention to them.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-07-12T19:30:15+00:00

    I get the error in Citrix Receiver 14_12:

    Can't connect security to this page.

    The site may use outdated or unsafe TLS settings.

    I verified that IE 11 has checked box for SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2

    Windows 10 was updated to these settings:

    Windows 10 Enterprise

    Version    1803

    Installed  7/11/2018

    OS Build   17134.165

    Internet Explorer 11

    Version:  11.165.17134.0

    Updated Versions:  11.0.75 (KB339093)

    Thanks,

    Dale

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-06-29T15:42:52+00:00

    TLS security issues windows 10 keep getting this msg will not open sites

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-16T03:30:18+00:00

    Thanks for the rapid response.

    I would suggest that when you go to Internet Settilngs, that it not reference only IE 11 on the reset portion.  This leads one to believe that the settings only apply to IE 11.  In addition, if I change my home page here, it does not propagate to Edge.  Again, this leads one to believe that these settings only apply to IE 11.  Your answer is inconsistent with the reality that I am observing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-15T21:37:12+00:00

    These instructions take you to the settings for IE 11. 

    These are Windows settings independent of the browser in use. Some of the settings in the Internet Properties dialogue (its name when accessed from Control Panel) only apply to Internet Explorer, but many of them are system-wide. This is a legacy situation arising from the fact that Internet Explorer is an integral part of Windows and consists of much more than a web browser, providing the operating system's Internet connectivity. This is why it's vital to keep IE up-to-date even though its browser is not normally used.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments