TLS security setting

Anonymous
2017-10-20T13:49:43+00:00

Can’t connect securely to this page

This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

Your TLS security settings aren’t set to the defaults, which could also be causing this error.

Good Day I am having issues,  I am getting that message when I try to register to an invitation I got from my employer

Please advise

Christine

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-03-17T19:18:59+00:00

This error is often returned for other reasons than those given. However, to ensure that you have the recommended settings for TLS, follow these steps:

  1. Press Windows key + R to open a Run box. Type control and press Enter to open Control Panel.
  2. Select Internet Options and open the Advanced tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Security section and make these selections:

If the option to Use SSL 2.0 is present, it should not be selected. 4. Click Apply and OK. 5. Close Control Panel.

These settings will make it possible to connect securely to most reliable websites. If you continue to see the same error, try again later. If there are still problems, they are most probably at the website. Use a Contact us option at the site to draw attention to them.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-20T15:55:05+00:00

    Me too, the fix didn't even work for a short time as others have stated.  Windows 10 up to date, version 16299.192.  Using Edge browser.  I rebooted and checked internet settings to confirm the recommended settings were checked.  Sites that worked yesterday are failing today with the error message noted in the original post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-20T13:44:11+00:00

    me too!, already tried the method but after few minutes, the problem goes back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-31T20:46:57+00:00

    this did not work for me in either IE or Edge.  I did reboot.

    It works one time only if I clear my browser history; this is the only setting that works.

    This problem has been going on for many months.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-31T16:04:12+00:00

    Thank you it did resolve my issue. I don't know why it quit working correctly,  but I know how to fix it if it happens again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments